Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Job listings are posted below. Applications can be downloaded here
The Farm Laborer will be working in farm operations at Hōkūnui, including but not limited to forestry, fencing, animals and maintenance.
As Forestry staff your primary responsibilities will be working in the Forestry Department to support native and agroforestry planting and maintenance, as well as related agricultural and cultural educational programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Running power tools, operating basic farm equipment such as: tractors, mowers, augers, weed whackers, and hedgers.
- Utilizing hand tools such as sickles, pruners, soil knives
- Weeding, pruning, mulching, harvesting and planting
- Following direction and doing the physical work of fencing installation including:pulling wire, digging holes, tamping, pounding posts and hanging gates.
- Comfortably working with electric fencing.
- Working with pipes and fittings, threading pipes, glueing and fusing.
- While it's not a primary duty, Forestry staff will occasionally be called upon to assist withs sheep and cattle animal care, as needed
- Lift heavy items, 60 lbs.
- Work efficiently in harsh weather conditions.
- Must be punctual.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be willing to work cooperatively in a team.
- Must be be able to adapt to a dynamic working environment.
- Must be able to listen to instructions and follow directions.
- Understands and can operate within our company culture of: diversity, Inclusiveness, mutual respect and mature communication.
Job specific Skills:
- Hands-on experience with overall farm operations, including: irrigation, fencing, equipment, planting, maintaining and harvesting.
- Knowledge of indigenous, endemic, non-indigenous flora and fauna, and invasive species.
- Education in Botany, Ethnobotany, Hawaiian studies, Tropical Agriculture, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of Hawaiian cultural practices
- Computer skills and ability to use basic business software such as MS Office,Google Drive, Gmail, and Calendar
To apply download and fill out this application. You can either email application and resume to email@example.com, or drop off in person at our office. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, arrest and court record or any other protected category recognized by Hawaii and federal laws.
CURRENT JOB LISTINGS
If there are no listings above, there are not currently any career openings at Hōkūnui. If you have a specific interest or want to be considered for future openings, please send a cover letter detailing your interest and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mahalo, Hōkūnui